- My trademarked collection is called Yali’s Carry On™, to signify how cancer survivors carry on even in the face of their medical baggage.
- The black bag shows there is a dark side of going through illness.
- There is a patent leather trim to show that cancer survivor’s need to have elegance in telling their story, relaying their message and in carrying on with their lives.
- There is a subtle paisley embossed pattern on the outside of the bag. The paisley pattern is reminiscent of the bandanas that most cancer patients wear when they lose their hair due to the effects of prolonged and intensive treatments. The pattern is subtle to show that cancer is always a part of me and has shaped my identity, but it is not the only characteristic that makes defines me.
- The subtlety of the pattern is also a symbol of survivorship in that not everyone knows I am a survivor as I Carry On into the future. Now, at this point in my life, it is my choice as to whether I divulge my life’s history.
- The bright pink paisley inside of the bag is a message to all cancer survivors that harnessing creativity, individuality, brightness, and positivity within, leads to healing of the soul.
- This bag is the autobiographical voice of my cancer experience and what I hope for others like me as well.
NOTE: The Kate Spade Yali bag was a limited edition bag that is no longer available for purchase.